Great Big Tiny Design Challenge

I searched some articles about the show. It's going to be eight episodes, presumably one for each dollhouse room. The house they have pictured is one I wouldn't mind having to decorate myself.....a big beautiful front opening two story with a basement. I think the contestants are all amateurs, and the judges are the pros. Either way, it looks like a whole lot of fun! I will have to wait until it comes out on youtube or somesuch since we cut the cable cord when we moved.  Although, it seems to be a British show so maybe that wouldn't really matter? Doesn't take much to confuse me these days lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first episode on YouTube. Through the magic of an intelligent son I was able to watch it on TV. 
Each contestant has a expertise but they are all amateurs, to some extent. I cheated and went right to the end to see the finished projects. Remember, they have a short time to finish so the quality may not meet our high standards. 

Perfect, thank you! I watched it all the way through and can see, with the time constraints, why some of the finishes are not quite there. I was surprised at the problems gluing the bits of the 3-D printer chairs. For someone who had worked with the medium, how is it she didn't know what kind of glue was needed?  Or maybe she painted over the joints and was having trouble gluing paint to paint. The design of the chairs was magnificent. 

I like the way the teams worked together, even sharing skills with the opposing team. :) Great spirit.

Edited by KathieB
  • Like 1

Week 2 was an Art Deco bath. The winner deserved to win. 
I have an issue with the winning razor. It looked like a disposable one not a 1920’s era razor. 

Edited by Sable

• 4 weeks later...

I am enjoying this, but I wish they spent some time on the planning stages (although it wouldn't make good TV, apart for fanatics like us) and the timing requires them to rush and skimp on finishing. 
I would have liked to see something on each contestant and the sort of miniatures they make and a look round their own dolls houses. I'm told Sandi Toksvig does miniatures and I would love to see some of hers.

I think one of the contestants may have been on the old Dolls House Emporium forum