New Beacon Hill Pics

Blondie

Hello, all. I got to work on the roofing structure today. I had some warping, so I had to cut some pieces and sand down other and then anchor them pretty good. I think it is working out OK. I'm so amused when I think back to my first posts and how scared I was of EVERYTHING--every little chip or ding. Now I just hack that puppy together! :lol:

The kitties are mini ornaments from Target that should look nice in the cat room someday. Lots of pics in the gallery.

post-1461-1165096482_thumb.jpg

I'm so amused when I think back to my first posts and how scared I was of EVERYTHING

It's called the newbie jitters and when I had it bad there were no online support groups (forums) for us. When you realize it doesn't all blow up in your face it goes pretty good.

I'm so amused when I think back to my first posts and how scared I was of EVERYTHING--every little chip or ding. Now I just hack that puppy together!

This reminds me of the famous Julia Child quip after she dropped a chicken on the floor, picked it up, wiped it off with a rag and told her audience not to worry about what goes on in the kitchen as the guests will never know.

Working with miniatures call for much the same hubris -- the people oohing and aahing never have to know the process. :lol:

I really like the little sample jars and I discovered the Ace Hardware version whilst we were in Clifton Forge, VA, this summer and I was looking for a shade of blue to complement some wallpaper colors for the Orchid store I built.