Orchid eaved

Jani Nixx

Can you post a picture to show what you mean? Does the front of your house look like the picture on the box?

The front of the house should be symmetrical with the big gable in the middle and a smaller one on each side. Make sure you have the pieces in the right direction... sometimes with triangular pieces like the gable roof it's easy to put them on the wrong way.

I wish I could, but I keep getting an error when trying to attach a pic.  It is the eaves on either side of the center gable.  The eaves are the same length and tit nicely so tye gable is centered.  It's the width of the eave pieces.  They are obviously different by 1/4 inch. 

I hid it the best I could when laying the shingles.  How is your Orchid coming along?  Id like to see a photo... though I haven't figured out yet how to attach a photo here.. keeps telling me the file is too large. 

Try again now that you've made 6 posts. It might be because you weren't able to yet. Also this thread has info about how to resize your pictures:

I talked to Dean (the site admin) last week and he said he was going to increase the minimum image size to something like 1.3MB. That's a good size, but a lot of pictures are larger than this when people try to upload them directly from their phone. If you're taking pictures on your phone, sometimes you can email it to yourself at a smaller size and then upload that version.

The simplicity of the houses design really goes with the trim and makes it elegant. What I mean is using the brick work as the foundation and around the windows instead of all over. It lets the trim on the gables take center stage. If you hadn't told me about the eaves I never would have noticed because the overall picture is pleasing to the eye.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:04 AM, Jani Nixx said:

Thank you all.  It's a work in progress but coming along.  I wish I'd have thought to put a door knob on the door before hanging. I'm going to anyway, will just be a little more challenging..

Yep. I have done the same thing. :oops: