Dura craft farmhouse 505

Ridgemom

Hi Everyone! I’m so happy to have found this site.  I’m new at building dollhouses. I’m currently building the Dura craft farmhouse 505.  I’m hoping to get some help.  I’m having trouble figuring out the corner posts to the wall base.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Deana.  The corner posts are usually two pieces of grooved wood (the sides of the exterior walls slide into the grooves) that are at forty-five degree angles along the side opposite the groove.  When the two pieces are glued together along their angled sides the grooves should be perpendicular to one another.  They should then slide onto the foundation at the bottom and the walls will slide down the grooves  and fit flush (probably not quite) along the edge of the foundation.  I have built the San Franciscan and the Cambridge, and I feel your pain.

13 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Deana.  The corner posts are usually two pieces of grooved wood (the sides of the exterior walls slide into the grooves) that are at forty-five degree angles along the side opposite the groove.  When the two pieces are glued together along their angled sides the grooves should be perpendicular to one another.  They should then slide onto the foundation at the bottom and the walls will slide down the grooves  and fit flush (probably not quite) along the edge of the foundation.  I have built the San Franciscan and the Cambridge, and I feel your pain.

C64548B3-4DED-45B5-ABF7-D9AA751CEF31.jpeg.2f6a13b95ffdbe7fb5abf1fed5d36337.jpeg

Oh, that's 'way different from what I have dealt with.  The Dura-Craft kits I've built I had to build the exterior walls from tongue & groove pieces of wood with siding milled into them; your photo looks like plain plywood walls, like the tab & slot Greenleaf kits, and I'm not familiar with those posts!  Hopefully a member who has built this kit will see your posts and give you some real assistance.  Here is a link which will include some of the builders of this  kit; I suggest you message one of them with your question.

The underlined words are a hyperlink you can click on to take you to the page.  To send a message, hover your cursor over the avatar or member name and the bottom of the drop down box will have "message" on the leftmost side; click on that and you'll get a box to type & send your message.  When you have a reply the little envelope icon at the top right side of the page beside your avatar & username will let you know.

• 6 months later...

Hover your cursor over Deana's username to get the dropp down box with the envelope icon at the bottom; click on that to message her your email address.  NEVER post personal contact information on an open website like this, where spammers and scammers and all sorts of nasties are going to harvest your personal information (can you say "identity theft"?)

• Like 1