Window Hood vs. Window Trim?

MiniJenny

Hi Everyone! I'm building my first dollhouse - the Greenleaf Pierce. I'm putting on all the window trim right now, and I'm stumped. I'm working on the kitchen bay, and I have pieces that are "window hoods" and "window trim". The hoods and the trim are both curved, but the hoods are taller. The trim seems to fit over the top curved part of the window, and the hood seems too tall. I have enough "window trim" for the inside and outside of the kitchen bay windows, but what do I use the hoods for? 

I'm about to glue things down, and I don't want to make a mistake. Thanks, all!

I hope you have finished decorating your Pierce inside and out before installing the windows.  The hood are the part of the exterior window trim that fit flush with the upper part of the window trim.  If you look closely at the picture of the Pierce you'll see there's an extra layer to the upper part of the window trim:

Pierce Dollhouse Kit

Thank you! Yes, I've decorated them. (I've been working on this house for over a year now, and think I will never finish it!) Ok, so you put the trim on so that it abuts the straight pieces, and then you glue the hood directly on top of the trim, so that it sticks out a little bit?

If you look carefully at the second floor windows over the front doors they show up better than the ones on the tower windows; also, the hoods on the round windows show up even better with that last decorative piece in the middle that sticks up.

Edited by havanaholly

Hi Jenny! Welcome to the forum! Just one more thought in addition to what Holly said. When the trim and hoods and circular window keystones are all on, we are talking up to 4 layers of plywood in spots (if you count the wall itself). You might want to think of using a filler like wood putty, dry wall mud or spackle to cover up all the layers. Apply, dry, and sand smooth before priming. I'd love to see your picture, which you can share after your 5th post. I've been working on my Pierce almost 2 1/2 years.