Frustrated

gt3christy

Mercedes, you are asking your questions in the right place - the Greenleaf forums are a wealth of information.  Ask away ... and remember what Holly always says, "There are no dumb questions"!  A picture is worth a thousand words - and you will find pictures galore in the galleries here.  Make sure to check out the blogs and other threads on the Beacon Hill.  (Holly and other members posted links.)  I love that house, and would really like to see you build it.  

A thought that occurred to me long after I left the forum to go back to bed was that you might want to invest in a smaller kit first, like the Sugarplum Cottage or the Buttercup to begin with, and to familiarize yourself with how these kits go together, before tackling such a gorgeous but complex kit such as the Beacon Hill.

5 hours ago, gt3christy said:

Are there any more pictures with instructions? I have the beacon hill house. I am a visual learner. I don’t understand some of these instructions. Ready to give up and throw it in the trash. What is Flush? Or R &P? 
Thank you!

Don't give up - you can do it! Patience pays and that's a beautiful house when complete, you'll be so proud of yourself when it's done.

When something is "Flush" against something else that means it blends seamlessly, i.e., same level, same height, etc  

"R & P" is common in dollhouse instructions - it just means Remove and Prepare. For example, you would remove window trim from the wood sheets and prepare them for installation (by sanding the edges, then painting the pieces). Some pieces are easier to paint before you glue them in place. 

7 hours ago, gt3christy said:

Are there any more pictures with instructions? I have the beacon hill house. I am a visual learner. I don’t understand some of these instructions. Ready to give up and throw it in the trash. What is Flush? Or R &P? 
Thank you!

Don't give up! Go back and reread the introductory instructions, the R & P are explained right there. Flush means something is completely level with something else.

****This nice blog will help you as she post pictures of her building as she goes https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-beacon-hill-dollhouse-blog.html

The Beacon Hill is a challenging house for a an experienced builder, so don't let it discourage you!

And, don't throw it in the trash!

You can do it! Make the most of it and expect that you will make mistakes, which you can fix.

Good luck!

Make sure you read the Warm-up Sheet! These are the introductory instructions @Mid-life madnessreferred to. The very first heading is DON'T PANIC. 😆

You should have a warm-up sheet in your kit, but if not you can download it here:

Click on "Download This File" to get a version that's easy to read. R&P and a few other things are explained under "Breaking the Code."