Ahh, the Garfield… and away we go…

BigKahunaFL

I literally have NO IDEA how that fat guy in the red suit got himself, along with the new Garfield house, down my chimney, but alas (at last), IT'S HERE!  And just like little Ralphie Parker, I couldn't tear through the wrappings quick enough! Holy Moses, that's a lot of wood! Okay, I gotta slow myself down and go through this thing slowly, methodically & logically.

SCREW IT!  Where's my glue?  Honey, where'd you hide my Dremel and X-Acto knives?

• Haha 1

No don’t grab the glue. I’m also doing this house and there are so many pieces and ways to make a mistake. I am an “I can do that person” but because I want to do the best, I’ve read and re read the directions. And i am only as far as the steps. 
There are so many good people here that can supply links and tips, you will have a great time. 
i love the idea of Dry fitting the parts together. And of course I stoped it all to needlepoint a stair runner before I even know how much rug I need. 

Joseph, I have a NIB Garfield sitting near the bottom of my to-be-built pile.  Invest in several rolls of masking or blue painter's tape and DO dry fit as much of the house as you can before you drip the first drop of wood glue.  I would also suggest checking out members' Garfields, such as Jo Medved's: 

https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/gallery/album/4369-victoria-villa-overview/

and also members' building blogs.

17 hours ago, Vickid said:

No don’t grab the glue. I’m also doing this house and there are so many pieces and ways to make a mistake. I am an “I can do that person” but because I want to do the best, I’ve read and re read the directions. And i am only as far as the steps. 
There are so many good people here that can supply links and tips, you will have a great time. 
i love the idea of Dry fitting the parts together. And of course I stoped it all to needlepoint a stair runner before I even know how much rug I need. 

Thanks for the advice, Vicki!