Hello from WA State!

purplesasha

Good evening and hello from WA state!

The winter weather has prompted me back to miniatures - my last build was the Duracraft Newport for my niece (originally intended for my 5 year old daughter who is now 24 LOL).

I have two kits, the Duracraft Heritage and the Corona Concepts Harrison (which is fairly close to the Skilcraft Victorian Manor with Coach House I had as a young child).
I should probably focus my efforts on my own house I live in (needs millwork replaced and other things - but it just isn't the same - I know you know what I mean!

I've always loved dollhouses and built my first two story dollhouse out of a cardboard box and duct tape and made a waterbed out of a Ziploc bag and stationary box.

Note: Water and cardboard do not mix well! But that did not deter me. The sheer delight on my niece's face at Christmas was one of the best experiences I ever had.

Then her parents bought her a Barbie dollhouse the next year. But I digress.
The dollhouse I built was so beautiful, with carpet, hardwood floors, working doors, Victorian furniture and I hand made the bedroom canopy, comforter, etc.

Anyway, this time the dollhouse will be for me.

Off to clean up my craft room and start mapping out my plan to begin construction.

Seasons Greetings to all! Happy Building!

• 1 month later...