Railroads?!?

chapchap73

So I shared a while back that my family had moved from NY to TN this year. It has been stressful to say the least, but the hardest hit has been my younger son who is autistic.ย  He has always loved trains, specificially Thomas the Tank Engine, and has built many tracks on the floor of his room. (I have an entire storage tote full of packing peanuts that he uses for snow on the railway.) Our old house in NY did not have a space where we could build a permanent layout, enter new house with a LARGE basement that has a mostly empty corner which is perfect for a RR of his own. So now begins a new project for Mommy ๐Ÿ˜‚, and I thought I would ask you guys if anyone has any ideas of how to get started. There is a local train museum in our town which runs a large HO layout with volunteers from the train club that we will be joining soon, but I know my Greenleaf family will have some good ideas for websites, shopping sites, etc. Off on a new adventure, but I kind of feel like Bilbo Baggins๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‰

What a wonderful opportunity!ย  I think before investing in components on line, I would chat with the train club members. The club may hold sales and exchanges as well as where to source items locally.ย 

I knew you two would give me good advice๐Ÿ˜‰ We had another place to go this past Saturday or we would have gotten in right then. I mentioned that I do dollhouse miniatures, and they said they would love to have me as well. "Always looking for people with a mini eye to help with the layouts."

They already asked me๐Ÿ˜‚ I was completely in love with the N scale layout, and there was a man who was working on the scenery who had these really cool magnifier glasses that I asked about. One thing led to another, and we are talking about mini houses and scenery.

Edited by chapchap73
add content

• 10 months later...

You mentioned the club runs HO, is that the scale you're going for? He likes Thomas the Tank Engine, I have that in O scale and N scale. You really need to know the scale before you can get real advice.