HBS Creatin' Contest 2021

I didn’t see any general posts about this year's HBS Creatin' Contest. If there is one, I hope the moderator will just combine the threads.

I submitted an entry for the first time this year and posted photos of my build. I know there are several others who are members of this forum who are also competing in this year's contest. Hopefully they will add their names here so that we can follow and acknowledge the hard work that goes into submissions for this contest. 

I am looking forward to seeing the finished entries of everyone who is participating. I have been posting infrequent images as sneak peeks here and on Instagram and Facebook and know that others have been doing the same. The entry deadline is 12/17, so hopefully there will be lots more eye Candy soon!

I want to wish everyone entering the contest the best of luck. So far from the glimpses I have seen of others' builds, there is some amazing work out there!

I intend entering too. I am trying to find motivation this week and next to finish off the details. It’s a really good idea but not sure I executed it well enough. I should’ve entered last year instead as the smaller build would have been more appropriate. And easier to store. Anyway, it’s a bit of fun and I also wish anyone entering the best of luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I intend entering too. I am trying to find motivation this week and next to finish off the details. It’s a really good idea but not sure I executed it well enough. I should’ve entered last year instead as the smaller build would have been more appropriate. And easier to store. Anyway, it’s a bit of fun and I also wish anyone entering the best of luck!

So glad you’re entering too! I can’t wait to see what you’ve done. I’m sure it will be wonderful. We’ve all been keeping it really secret this year. I know I wanted to publish more earlier. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

I'm hoping to finish off mine this weekend.  I accidentally ordered the wrong-size trim in my last minute order so I'm raiding my wood scraps for pieces to work as trim.  My obsession with keeping every wood scrap is finally coming in handy.  I wish everyone the best of luck.  I love seeing everyone's creativity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khadi said:

I'm hoping to finish off mine this weekend.  I accidentally ordered the wrong-size trim in my last minute order so I'm raiding my wood scraps for pieces to work as trim.  My obsession with keeping every wood scrap is finally coming in handy.  I wish everyone the best of luck.  I love seeing everyone's creativity.

I can’t wait to see what you’ve done! :D 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dalesq said:

So glad you’re entering too! I can’t wait to see what you’ve done. I’m sure it will be wonderful. We’ve all been keeping it really secret this year. I know I wanted to publish more earlier. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! And yes, lots of people keeping their cards close to their chests. But there has been reaaly stiff competition the last few years so it’s not surprising. The standard has been so high. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dalesq said:

Good luck Shannon!  https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/profile/2572-shannonc60/
I tried to post on your blog, but kept getting an error. The photos are so great! Such a fun build! :) 

Thanks Debora! I forgot I posted on my blog. i was doing it quickly last minute. I don’t think I’ve seen yours though!!! Blogger has been giving me grief lately too, doing some odd things.

pics here if anyone wants to see: http://shannonsminiblog.blogspot.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Thanks Debora! I forgot I posted on my blog. i was doing it quickly last minute. I don’t think I’ve seen yours though!!! Blogger has been giving me grief lately too, doing some odd things.

pics here if anyone wants to see: http://shannonsminiblog.blogspot.com

I posted photos of my entry here, but the photo quality is poor due to the upload size restrictions. Better images are posted on my Instagram account. :)  Which I think you found. :) :) 

20 hours ago, Dalesq said:

I posted photos of my entry here, but the photo quality is poor due to the upload size restrictions. Better images are posted on my Instagram account. :)  Which I think you found. :) :) 

Yes!! It’s just gorgeous! Well done!! Such a fun idea. This forum plays up for me. It doesn’t show all the new content whenever I check, so I do tend to miss quite a bit.

Good luck! Your entry deserves a win.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Honorable Mention winners for the 2021 HBS Creatin’Contest have been announced! Here is the link to those entries https://www.miniatures.com/Webpage.aspx?WebpageId=2103 I love seeing everyone's entries. 

I know that some of our Greenleaf members are among those who received Honorable Mention. Congratulations to all! 

• Like 1

They really are all great builds! 
I know Susan is a member here. Her puppies tearing up the house is classic! Congratulations to Susan! 

I don’t know how many of the others are members here. I hope they will chime in!

I was honored to be a 1st time entrant winner, too! You might not recognize me by name since I used my legal 1st name in the contest, while I use my preferred middle name here. My entry was under Birney B - Fagin's Den from "Oliver Twist" 

Here's a shot that didn't make it into the official entry photos:

Faginsden_22__1644897807_39696.jpg

• Like 5