Victoria's (not Victorian) Farmhouse

sleuth14

I'm getting one for christmas, so sometime in the spring i'll probably start building it!

I'd love to see any pictures if you have some!

If you do a google image search, you can find one completed one! I haven't found any others, but I havent looked very hard either.

I have this kit - it's patiently waiting it's turn to be put together :jumping:

I haven't been able to find much in the way of eye candy for this kit either. I'd love to see a variety of pictures of this kit - done by different people - I think the house has lots of potential to be a real beauty - but my imagination needs at least a few pictures to get it running in the right direction! lol.

http://www.storesonline.com/site/1271440/page/715227

This is the one i've seen...how about you?

I think holly has a great idea there...i'm gonna start looking for farmhouses and see if i can find something to help me get some ideas.

My Farmhouse 505 will be done in an older victorian farmhouse style. It's occupants will be an elderly couple. Since that is the plan for that particular house, I want to do something different with the Victoria's.

I'll post pic's if I find anything interesting to share!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started mine about 1 1/2 years ago.... I have not finished the shell yet... I agree I have not seem much for this house and I really need some inspiration.! Mine is a country yellow.... Not the yellow like Hobby Lobby has.! Mine will be done in a pale yellow with hunter green shutters ? I have not completlely decided on this yet.!

Hugs

kelly

I started mine about 1 1/2 years ago.... I have not finished the shell yet... I agree I have not seem much for this house and I really need some inspiration.! Mine is a country yellow.... Not the yellow like Hobby Lobby has.! Mine will be done in a pale yellow with hunter green shutters ? I have not completlely decided on this yet.!

Hugs

kelly

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I think Victoria's Farmhouse is a GREAT KIT AND HOUSE! So much potential and a great size!

You have to just be able to look at it and think past that hobby lobby coloring. For some reason real good toys tends to post pics of their kits online in hideious shades. If I went by their pic of the Vermont Farmhouse Jr I"d have never gotten it. TOTALLY HIDEOUS in their display pic and the pic on the box. My mind' eye however sees much potential!

I agree. The colors are so ugly!!

All the houses they display are like that too...

The SanFran is pretty bad, even on the box. I have to keep telling my roomie that it doesn't come out of the box that way lol

I want to get the Victoria Farmhouse one of these days....

Perhaps after I buy a bigger 'real' house hehe

• 3 weeks later...

post-1698-1171196007_thumb.jpg

this is only my 2nd post. hope the pic loads...

yeah! it did. this is my dd's victoria's farmhouse she got for christmas. i'd show the back, but i'm currently electrifying it and can't take pics worth seeing yet. :banana: but you can see the colors used on the front. it's a great size and layout

(oh, and i did not build it...can't take credit. :wub: but i am learning how to do all of this and gearing up to build that lighthouse --after I have the tapewire,wallpaper, +flooring done on this one)

Hobby Lobby is the way to go for that kit, HBS has it for 240, with the ever printable HL coupon for 40% off I paid under 110 with tax for Marg's. It's a nice looking kit in the box, MDF, so it's weighs a ton.

i'm working on the interior of my dd's victoria's farmhouse. this week i've wired (first time w/ electricity--shew!) the house and installed some fixtures. i'm also in the process of wallpapering and other adventures. it's a fun learning process. here's a pic.

man, after the hours i've spent ...sure doesn't look as far along as it should be...

<_<

bedroom paper is not attached yet. i want to install sconce adapters in several rooms, hence "half papered walls."

i'm also figuring out wainscotting in the bathroom (2nd level,front/right room) it will be white. ...and wainscot in the kitchen (lower level, front/right) it will be a goldish color.

no trim/flooring done yet.. just cut the bathroom tile to see how it will look. this is my dd's house (elem. age) so i'm giving her a lot of say in picking colors/papers etc... we're enjoying the process!

post-1698-1171938636_thumb.jpg

Edited by fleabags3

wiring pics on vf. it's been interesting noodling through how to get electricity to each floor. not sure if i did this the best way. i'd probably change it a tad if i was to do it over. i used up all of my tapewire and had to buy another tiny roll...lol

let there be light!!! <_<

post-1698-1171939363_thumb.jpg

Hobby Lobby is the way to go for that kit, HBS has it for 240, with the ever printable HL coupon for 40% off I paid under 110 with tax for Marg's. It's a nice looking kit in the box, MDF, so it's weighs a ton.

Wow I wish we had a Hobby Lobby in California. My daughter would like this kit and I didn't bid on one that just went on ebay for $130 with shipping at only $24 - sigh - what was I thinking!

Lisa R.

• 1 month later...

Hi -

I have been working on this house for about a year now. The outside is almost complete - I have to add the porch railings and some final moulding. I just complete the inside this week - by complete, I mean the walls, ceilings, floors and interior moulding is all done. Now I get to decorate.

I have made a log with pictures of most of the steps. Anyone is welcome to a copy (it is a pdf file). I haven't put it on the web yet but I can email it to you if you are interested. I will keep adding to it as I finish the house. I am attaching a picture of the outside of the house here.

One interesting change I made was to take the room dividers for the 2 large rooms and glue them together in pairs and then use them to partition off a bathroom in the upstairs large room. I didn't like the idea of the toliet out in the middle of the bedroom.

post-1986-1176090681_thumb.jpg

Here are pictures of the 2 rooms I changed from the directions. The upper floor is now the master bedroom/bath and the lower floor is a "great" room that will be the dining room in the front and the living room in the rear with the bay windows.

post-1986-1176091275_thumb.jpg

post-1986-1176091289_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just bought this kit on ebay! I am planning on making it a B&B. I am using The Artist's Colony Inn in Nashville, Indiana as my inspiration. I grew up there, so it is a bit sentimental. Plus, the only room I have a desire to do "modern" is a kitchen. Doing a B&B lets all the rooms be period, but with a modern kitchen. I will likely change the layout on the second floor to create a bathroom that is accessible to all guests.

post-1698-1171196007_thumb.jpg

this is only my 2nd post. hope the pic loads...

yeah! it did. this is my dd's victoria's farmhouse she got for christmas. i'd show the back, but i'm currently electrifying it and can't take pics worth seeing yet. :groucho: but you can see the colors used on the front. it's a great size and layout

(oh, and i did not build it...can't take credit. :unsure: but i am learning how to do all of this and gearing up to build that lighthouse --after I have the tapewire,wallpaper, +flooring done on this one)

That looks so great!

• 2 months later...

I have decided to start working on the Victoria Farmhouse again. The exterior is going to be a light yellow with hunter green shutters (I think) I am not sure that is what it wants to be.

I have the foundation finished, the front walls and 2nd floor put in. I would love to do electric in this house so that I can finally learn to do electric. I sure wish there was someone close by that could help me. I am at a stop because I cannot find any wallpaper (I use scrapbook paper).

Kellee