dry fitting the Garfield

Vickid

I finally figured out that on the foundation, when they said pieces 13-12 it meant to put foundation 13 piece then #1 piece etc. was easy but then I had a piece to add that had not space around the edge, it meant it was going to be a cross piece.  I've done this foundation so many times, I'm glad I did dry fit.  Anyway, now I need to put on the first floor.  Did y'all glue the foundation at this point?  I can't turn it over without the tape giving way and falling down.  

Yep, go ahead and glue the foundation or you will have a house of cards. Did anyone share this blog with you? https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-garfield-dollhouse-blog.html

It might help you out.

You are on your way! Good job!😉

THANK YOU so much for the blog.  I wish I had it a week ago.  But that that's ok, because I really got well aquainted with the foundation.   I've been reading it since you posted it.  Thank you again.

Of course I'm going to have to move the doll house build into the house for the winter to finish it, but still have 3 quilts to finish.  Think I'll find someplace else for the sewing maching.  hee hee.

• Like 1