My first dollhouse - A Fairfield!

astoppani

I am putting the finishing touches on my Fairfield.  It's been an 11 year labor of love, with most of the work done in the past year (thanks covid).  Many thanks to many of you guys who gave me guidance and suggestions along the way.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Don't look at the interior window trim too closely, but otherwise I think it turned out great!  Still working on decorating the interior, but it's got most of the basics now.  

IMG_6474.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Fabulous house! Did you make an album?

Do you mean like in this forum somewhere?  I'm not sure how to do that.  I recall seeing a gallery area and can look there to see if I can figure it out!  

Thank you all!  I have created a gallery, but the photo it picked for the first one is terrible - I think it's a wiring picture.  Is there any way to remove photos from the gallery or change the picture it is highlighting?  I tried changing the sort order, but that didn't seem to help!  

Thanks

Andrea

6 minutes ago, astoppani said:

Thank you all!  I have created a gallery, but the photo it picked for the first one is terrible - I think it's a wiring picture.  Is there any way to remove photos from the gallery or change the picture it is highlighting?  I tried changing the sort order, but that didn't seem to help!  

Thanks

Andrea

OH! I figured it out!  Not exactly intuitive, but it's fixed!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear.  11 years.  It looks AMAZING!   I am now in panic mode.  My mother-in-law found the kit in her basement and it looks like it's from the 60s.  My 8 year old granddaughter is coming over for the weekend to build it with me.  There are no instructions.  Most of the pieces have been popped out of the sheets they cam in.  Can't find instructions so we were going to wing it 😮  Thought I'd asked Mr. Google for help and he sent me here.  I'm a potter.  I can make a full set of mini dishes for the place.  Not sure how I'm going to fair with the Fairfield tho...  Advice?

10 hours ago, Potter in the house said:

... My 8 year old granddaughter is coming over for the weekend to build it with me.  There are no instructions.  ... Can't find instructions so we were going to wing it 😮  ...Advice?

The Fairfield is not a straightforward build, and definitely not a single weekend project. For a novice and an 8-year-old, it could be would be a frustrating experience trying to wing it. My advice would be to get the instructions.

1) Contact Greenleaf for instructions

Greenleaf Dollhouses
436 Lake Road
Schenevus, NY 12155
United States of America

Call us at (800) 253-7150

2)  Perhaps someone here who has built the Fairfield can send you the instructions via snail mail or scan 

With or without the instructions, check out this step-by-step blog for helpful hints. 

19 hours ago, Potter in the house said:

Oh dear.  11 years.  It looks AMAZING!   I am now in panic mode.  My mother-in-law found the kit in her basement and it looks like it's from the 60s.  My 8 year old granddaughter is coming over for the weekend to build it with me.  There are no instructions.  Most of the pieces have been popped out of the sheets they cam in.  Can't find instructions so we were going to wing it 😮  Thought I'd asked Mr. Google for help and he sent me here.  I'm a potter.  I can make a full set of mini dishes for the place.  Not sure how I'm going to fair with the Fairfield tho...  Advice?

Have fun! It was a free house, and since you don't know if all of the pieces are there, just have fun with it. Now, If you want it to be like the picture, it will definitely be more than a weekend affair.

Here is a blog that may help you https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-fairfield-dollhouse-half-scale-blog.html

Nope, apparently the link with instructions I had expired - didn't occur to me that it might, I didn't save it first! Anyway, found a website with the schematic and instructions. A couple important notes: Don't glue with glue stick/glue gun, and dry fit first (build the house using masking/painters tape instead of glue, figure it all out, and then glue. My Fairfield has been in and out of dry fit at least probably 6 times while I figure out flooring, wall covering, stairs etc, now just about to glue months down the line)