Washington front steps trivia question

Tinyroomartist

I have two Washingtons circa 1975. One has narrow front steps. The other has wider front steps. Does anyone know why that might be, other than, perhaps, the original owner redid the steps for some reason? I am wondering if Greenleaf produced two versions. Both houses are shown as they were before I began rehabbing them. Note the width of the steps and also the risers (or lack of risers.)

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

Edited by Tinyroomartist

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I built the Washington 2.0 from the kit.  Other than making pin-hinged "working" windows and doors and some minor modifications, the house is as is from the kit; the steps are what came with the kit:

farmhouse front yard.JPG

Hi! This is why I am confused. The previous owners of both houses told me they date from the 1970's and the condition certainly seems like that! But the stairs are very different. One looks like yours in width without the risers. The other is the full width between the pillars and has risers. Very odd. It does not matter in the end. I like both and variation is nice. But I am wondering how it happened!