Jim Gans baby house - what does anyone know about Jim Gans?

smjsome

I just bought a baby house, signed J Gans 97

its adorable, I love it.  Needs some repair, one door is off, someone painted inside the rooms.  I’m going to need to do some sanding and such, so will need to touch up the stain.  If anyone has any suggestions?

o could only get one pic to load - here is the interior 

also - where do you buy a baby house scale furniture and such, I know about SdK miniatures, and Cynthia Howe, any other suggestions?  I may have to make my own I think.

164A2789-D4DC-4B50-9362-034DBE102C95.jpeg

Edited by smjsome
Added a pic

Jim Gans does beautiful work. I remember an article about him many years ago in a miniatures magazine but I couldn't tell you which one or which issue, sorry. Prices for his pieces can be all over the map. Some are pretty reasonable compared to other artisan pieces, while some sellers must think he walks on water.

Jim Gans pieces on Ebay

I have two of his pieces and love them. Don't remember what I paid for them at a miniatures show in San Diego, but I guarantee it wasn't anywhere near some of the asking prices on that Ebay link above!

I've never done a baby house so I can't help you there. I think they're awesome though. I'll bet someone here will be able to help you with that.

Jim Gans Bookcase and Armoire.jpg

Thank you but yeesh, I am so rude, I failed to mention I think your Gans piece is very cool. I've never seen one like it. The only baby houses I've seen were by Bespaq. Those can fetch a price!! Yours will be a stunner and the showpiece of any room it's placed into.