Finished with Retro Style Kitchen Room box

grazhina

Grazhe, if you ever make it down to Pensacola whenever the Naval Air Station reopens to the general ;public and the Museum is accessible, one of the exhibits is wartime downtown Pensacola and the living room and kitchen of a WWII home; the only major difference is the toy dirigible  instead of the red car.

• Like 1

What a wonderful kitchen! I have been planning something similar for a future house (translation: kit still in box!), but in half scale. The GE Monitor refrigerator you have in the corner came out in 1927, IIRC, so your kitchen could even be a 1920s room. It looks very much like kitchen ads for the period.  Finding 1:24 accessories is a challenge, but I have most of the main pieces assembled. In the story of the house, most of the fixtures will be a modern upgrade for the long-time housekeeper, who has been making do with a woodburning stove and a pump at the sink for twenty years😁.

Orlando is quite some distance from Jacksonville, so do some map work.  W. Colonial Drive is over 140 miles from Jacksonville, and a 2.5 hour drive (or so, depending on where in Jacksonville your SIL lives and the time of day (during "rush" hours I-4 is a parking lot..., also it's a toll road) you go; and you'll want to take lots of $$$ and be prepared to spend at least a few hours there.  The parking lot is tiny and sometimes you have to convince the sandhill cranes that you're serious about parking there.

Sandhill cranes, eh? Maybe they get territorial around their nesting season. Some suburbs around here have wild turkeys who get very pushy when anyone walks down “their” street. Not our town, fortunately.

In a previous jaunt to Florida, we stayed in Jacksonville a couple of days, then drove to Orlando to do Disney World, so I know the two are not adjacent to one another😀. But thanks for the info about the parking lot snd the sandhill cranes.

Disney & Ron's aren't "adjacent" to one another, either. My hubs' sister lived in Oviedo for many years (NE Orlando) and getting from her house to anywhere else in that area was a major trip.