Building Inspectors

Medieval

While my aging Max does occasionally do building inspector duties, he is mostly taking on more a an overseer/supervisor role.  He sits under my work table or on the windowsill, purring, making sure that I stay on task. 😄

• Like 1

I have many happy memories of my babies. Unfortunately, none of them involve miniatures. My male cat (the orange one below) was the smartest cat I ever saw. You couldn't keep him out of anything. He knew how to open doors, closets, cabinets, you name it. They both got into my miniatures room and, well, let's just say they skeedaddled when I walked in and screamed. They sure had fun destroying things though!

My female cat, oh my, you never saw a cat that wanted a home so badly. She was a show cat, a National Grand Champion. Her babies sold for thousands of dollars, mostly to wealthy buyers in Hong Kong and Beijing. She decided she'd had enough of being treated like cattle, nothing more than a breeding factory. She did something horrible that ticked off the breeder so much that he offered her to me for free just to get her out of his cattery.

I didn't even take her home first. Straight to the vet to get her spayed, which made her completely useless to any breeder. A few weeks later he asked for her back so he could get a few more litters out of her. "I had her fixed, so sorry!" He could have murdered me. Don't care! She was the sweetest cat ever. Never met a human she didn't love!

Sorry for the trip down memory lane but they both passed last year. She at 15, he at 14. Here they are deciding not to let me make the bed. "We're comfortable, go away!" And below is a pic from Emma's show-cat days. Emma is short for Emerald Eyes. And they were! Too bad this pic doesn't do her justice. How I miss them both. I think we never stop grieving the loss of our fur babies.

Webster and Emma.jpg

Emma Face.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I lost my original inspector this morning.  Harriett was 17 years old and had been borderline with kidney problems.  Yesterday she was not herself and I got her to the vet this morning.  She was in complete kidney failure.  She brought me 16+ years of joy and love.  I will miss my baby girl.

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

21 hours ago, Kells said:

Oh no, Matt, I am so sorry to hear this! My heart goes out to you. I know how much you must be grieving. No words can comfort that but you have my deepest sympathies.

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Having to let our fur babies go to the Rainbow Bridge leaves a hole in our hearts; fill it with all the happy memories they brought us.  {{hugs}},Matt.

36 minutes ago, Medieval said:

I am sorry for your loss Matt. She would have stayed if she could. I believe they are waiting for us, and we will see them again. Letting go is hard, but better than keeping them here in pain and suffering.

Thank you all for these words and those of you who reacted to the post.  I know it was the best for her, as I could never let her live in pain.  But a little bit of me is missing.

• Like 1