Hoosier style cabinet for the retro kitchen

grazhina

Finished the cabinet, all static, no opening drawers or pullouts, but this is the look I wanted which is the important thing to me. I had a bit of trouble with the paint color. I had a very old bottle of Wedgwood green, and mixed with white it was just right, so I started blending into a new jar. Poured in some more white, went to add more green and guess what, the rest of the green had turned into a globby mess. I wound up blending a new batch of paint starting with the blue I used on the other 2 cabinets. It matched the green perfectly. I'm so proud of myself!

green cabinet  (2).JPG

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, IndyCindy said:

Your attention to detail is great. I especially love the exposed hinges on the upper doors. Those little details make such a difference! The yellow canister set is too cute! 🥰

Thanks, Cynthia. I cut snips of steel wire to get the look of hinges.

I might have been tempted to spray a snippet of large Sonic soda straw silvery and glue it under that left-hand door for the flour sifter.  I do love that Hoosier cabinet, and Grazhe always has the coolest mini accessories to dress her furniture.

54 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I might have been tempted to spray a snippet of large Sonic soda straw silvery and glue it under that left-hand door for the flour sifter.  I do love that Hoosier cabinet, and Grazhe always has the coolest mini accessories to dress her furniture.

Thanks muchly, Holly.

13 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Do I remember correctly that you made a teapot using a marble for miss Frobisher's cottage?  Or was that you?  I do remember some gorgeous mini landscape paintings!

Here's the teapot, Holly. It was fimo over a marble.

fimo teapot.JPG

• Like 1