Scraps from Greenleaf kits. . . am I missing a great upcycling opportunity?

IndyCindy

My Aster cottage build is finally nearing completion to the point that I don't anticipate needing any of the scrap wood left from my kit. Now I'm all for having a stash for future projects, but honestly, the wood is so rough that I don't anticipate building anything with it. In an attempt to declutter my workspace a little, I was ready to chuck all of scraps I've saved for over a year now. Does anyone do anything fantastic with their Greenleaf scraps that would make me regret tossing them? If not, please tell me it's okay to throw them away. :)

The door and window punchouts make table tops and the stair rail punchouts and unused bits of gingerbread make table legs and other goodies.

the kitchen

That's how I made little tables like the one in the kitchen from scraps of the White Orchid.

• 2 weeks later...

I would just cut off the larger sections of the scrap boards leftover that are more versatile for making other miniature things, & maybe some of the long skinny straight pieces that can easily be used to trim some things. This will at least cut down on the amount of storage space they take up. I use mine for all sorts of things...

You can also make miniature shelving with some of the pieces, decorative furniture accents with some of the gingerbread/railing punchouts, I've made wall plaques with them for taxidermy mounts, statue & cloche bases, cabinetry...all sorts of things. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Greenleaf Washington rehab is missing the lower portion of its chimney. I can build a replacement (thank goodness it is a simple rectangle!) but it occurred to me that if members have old houses which cannot be saved but which are good for "parts," perhaps we could begin a thread for this? I've seen people do this with old cars and other things that people collect. Maybe one person has a porch for a house which could be salvaged and another person has the roof of that house . . .?