My second Washington

Tinyroomartist

I found a second vintage Washington! Now I have two in progress. The purple house is WIP. The white house is how it looked when I purchased it for $15. It was in pretty bad condition, very crumbly but thanks to the wood glue on the edges trick, it is coming along very well. It needed a good clean, too. Not done, so please understand that much exterior work still remains. I was sad to have to remove nice wallpaper from the interior but I just did not trust what might be under it.

Still figuring out the final colors for the exterior am pretty sure I am going to do a very simple interpretation (kind of folk art treatment) on the exterior this time, concentrating details on the interior. The other house may be the opposite. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing another Washington.

If anyone knows of a third Washington that I can get a hold of, I'd like to do a tryptic. Three interpretations of the same vintage house!

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

Edited by Tinyroomartist
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...