Venus de Milo "Marble" Bust

jaxenro

I will be doing this in a cast "marble" mixture of pure white dental plaster and powdered marble dust mixed together. The first step was a 3D model which I had printed by Shapeways and it is on the way. I also ordered some RTV mold material and associated supplies (clay, mold release, etc.)

Overall height is 2.1" so slightly over a scale 2 foot tall in 1:12

83kak6l.jpg

ok it looks really rough but for a first effort I am happy. I ordered a vibrating table which should help eliminate the air bubbles and need to work on my mold making and cast technique but it is a learning process

wFdixK5.jpg

I was told by an art teacher (more years ago than i caare to admit) that tapping the mold would reduce/ eliminate the air bubbles, but it didn't work for me; I'll watch for your vibrating table's results.

Two things are supposed to help one is the vibrating table and the other mixing some "jet dry" rinse aid with water and lightly spraying the mold. It helps the air bubbles to release

Short of that will need to go to a vacuum machine

So I waxed the one I have but all I have on hand is a beeswax based wax. It really smooths up the plaster gives it a completely different and marble look but the beeswax added a slight yellow tint. 

What is a good, easy to get, clear paste wax or liquid wax I could use? One that would shine up but not yellow? 

2 hours ago, jaxenro said:

What is a good, easy to get, clear paste wax or liquid wax I could use? One that would shine up but not yellow? 

Auto wax? Solid or spray.