Walmer French Victorian

MindySue

Hi, I just started working on a Walmer French Victorian kit. It was brand new old stock from a retired miniatures store, still in the box. I’m wondering if anyone here has made this one before, and if you have any completed interior pictures. I’ve only been able to find a couple pics, always of the outside. Just looking for some inspiration. It has a lot of rooms to decorate! Thanks in advance 

Edited by MindySue
Added picture

A member here has a gallery of one identified as a Walmer French Victorian.

And here's one on Ebay for $5,000. Misidentified as handmade in the 1950s. No full pics of the exterior and they don't identify the maker, but I am fairly certain from what I can see that it's Walmer's French Victorian. Pics of the interior are a bit dark but they seem nicely done and may give you some ideas.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272402971886

Kells, thank you! That’s the one! Wow what a wonderful job She did.
I'm sure the one on eBay is a French Victorian also. This gives me a lot of ideas on what to do, so I really appreciate it! I almost sold it while I was selling the store inventory, but I’ve never done a large house before and it cost so much to ship that I just kept it, along with a ton of other kits and stuff 😂 just can’t help myself.

• Like 1

I'm glad it helped! I knew I'd seen that house on Ebay but couldn't find it again because they didn't use the name. I remembered it was expensive so I just sorted dollhouses by highest price first and scrolled down, haha. It's a fine house, I'm sure yours will be exquisite. On that listing, I especially love their use of columns between the foyer and salon. Now I have to figure out which of my houses I can use to steal that idea. Oh, and you don't have to tell me about "just can't help myself." I've been a member of that club for a long time!

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Kells said:

That's yours so far?? WOW, what a great job, I love it!!

Hi Kells, thank you! yes that’s mine. I’ve been working on it a little bit every day. I thought I might go insane doing the egg carton stones, but I’m happy so far! 

Hi Lisa thank you! It’s been a fun house to put together. I especially like how you can work on most of it while it’s flat. If I had FB I’d check it out lol but I guess I’m old school. This kit really lends itself to a lot of ideas. I love spooky, so that’s where it went for me, with that mansard roofline. I’d love to see your progress! I’ve only seen a few of these ones completed. Thank you!