Hello Everyone

I am TreeLynn from Louisville, Kentucky. I finally bought my first dollhouse yesterday, The Orchid. I have always been facinated withe minitures and purchased various items throughout my life. I recently became a grandmother for the first time and wanted to do something special for my granddaughter. 

I keep looking to see what tools and materials I need to start with but very confusing to get a list since everyone gave different list. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 😊 

• Like 1

Welcome! :)

Everyone will give a different list, everyone builds in different ways. For my list to start: a pencil, a sharp crafting knife, sandpaper and masking/painters tape. That way you can label the pieces with your pencil, punch out your pieces (using the craft knife to score any stubborn bits), sand any particularly rough bits, though I don't sand smooth yet, and put the house together in dry fit, held together with the tape. If any tabs need adjusting, use the knife carefully. 

Once it is in dry fit you can see how you want to decorate and purchase paint or wallpaper, trim etc. You'll need at least some wood glue (not glue gun sticks) and potentially another glue for siding/shingles. Clamps can be useful, heavy books, and a right angle - ones made from Lego are used in my houses. 

For floors and trim I have an Easy Cutter as it helps with angle cutting. 

Enjoy your build and keep asking away if you have any questions! 

My list is only slightly different.  I prefer to cut with a utility knife with retractable blade.  After the dry fit I use a good carpenters' wood glue like Titebond to put the kit together.  I also wait to install windows and doors until I have most of the decorating done.