First dollhouse!

ktrel

Hello!

My great-grandmother passed away last year and I ended up inheriting her dollhouse that I used to love playing with as a child.  I'm not sure what type of dollhouse it is, or if it is even a Greenleaf.  There is a stamp on the bottom of the dollhouse that says "The Dollhouse Factory" in Menlo Park, CA,  but I haven't been able to find any more information online other than some mentions of a dollhouse store in historic Menlo Park.

I've never done any miniature or dollhouse work before, but I've been been feeling really inspired to remodel/refurbish this cherished dollhouse that is falling apart.  There are some broken and possibly missing pieces. I stumbled on this forum when googling "how to get started refurbishing a dollhouse" and it looks like there is a lot of knowledge and wisdom to be found here. 

My plan so far (I haven't gotten far!): The dollhouse doesn't have any wiring, but i'd love to add light fixtures and it seems like that is one of the first things that should be done.  I'd love to use and preserve the furniture that came with the house, but i'd also love to give it a bit of a modern twist.  

Looking forward to the process, but also feeling unsure of how to take the first concrete steps to start. 

Oof! As soon as I posted I discovered that my dollhouse is most likely NOT Greenleaf as I don't think it's the tab and slot style.  I also forgot to mention that it's 1:12 scale with 2 floors and an attic.  One stairwell and no divided rooms (not sure if it came this way or if walls are missing).  I can post a picture once I'm able. 

Welcome to group Kathryn.

I wonder if it was sold at the store that was named The Dollhouse Factory?

You can start an album and post pictures after you have made 5 posts.

I can't wait to see it and what you do with it!

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the little family, Kathryn.  If it's falling apart I wonder if it was built with hot glue.  I will also be interested to see pictures of it.  When you have made five posts you can start an album in the Gallery of your rehab process.

• Thanks 1