Finished the Staircase!

Blondie

I have decided that my staircase is finished. There is a full page of directions for these staircases and so many little parts! I realized too late that I had forgotten to stain a bunch of things, so I just glued them on anyway and will finish that up later. Last night I wanted to install a front piece, so I did it even though it said not to until the staircase was finished. :unsure:

This morning I tried to finish it once and for all. I realized that the staircase will look just fine even if it doesn't have half a billion posts on it and such. So there is a little staining to do, but here is the finished product. You can see more shots in my gallery. Now on to bigger and better pieces!! :angry:

That's for the Garfield?? Doesn't look like mine at all....only changing I did was to add a side rail where I left off the wall! I'm going to have to study your pics carefully and see how you did that! Real interesting!

Oh..never mind! :unsure: You're doing the Beacon Hill, not the Garfield :angry:

Ouchouch--I had to stop mid-staircasing and go back AGAIN to look at your staircase pics. I swear, I should just print them out and hang them in my workspace, but I'm too lazy. And plus, I'm done now with that part anyway.

This is the Beacon Hill. It's a true beauty and a joy to work with. It's my first house, so I'm doing everything wrong, but I'm still having FUN! :unsure: But this staircase has been a real pain, so I probably could have skipped that headache. :doh:

My house is going to be...um...nontraditional. I'm actually scared to share some of my ideas on here because I don't want you all to think I'm crazy. But I'm sure I will show you the decorations eventually and then you will know the TRUTH! :angry:

Your staircase is looking great! What color stain did you use?

It's Miniwax Natural (209--number, not sure if it matters). Then I put a light coat of gloss over it (well, I think I forgot some parts). :unsure: I didn't want a really dark staircase because my house is going to be fairly light colored.

Blondie, your house is coming along nicely! I love the color you chose for staircase, it will keep your house light! I may use that color on another project!

I chose red oak for my staircase (very dark) cuz i'm doing my house up victorian and I want dark wood everywhere!