Can this house be identified?

Tinyroomartist

I have written about this house before but only recently (feel silly!) realized it may be a kit house. It has tab and slot construction, with tabs and supports running along the outside of the house. I was told it dates back to 1950 but I cannot be sure. The wallpaper is vintage and badly stained. Scale is 1:12. Any ideas? Thanks! The house needs windows and doors, so it might help to know its manufacturer. I installed a Greenleaf staircase from a Washington and it fits very well - just a tiny bit too short. I am also making decisions about the exterior (painted vs. stucco.) It would help to know the original designer's intentions.

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg

Stained wallpaper may mean it was applied to raw wood. Priming the walls to seal in the naturally occurring chemicals found in wood will prevent that. The chemicals over time will leach into the wallpaper, creating dark stains.

2 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Stained wallpaper may mean it was applied to raw wood. Priming the walls to seal in the naturally occurring chemicals found in wood will prevent that. The chemicals over time will leach into the wallpaper, creating dark stains.

Thanks! I am a bit bummed that the original builder did not do this because the wallpaper is nice. It does give me the opportunity to convert the walls to simulated old French plaster, which will be fun. I could never do that if the vintage wallpaper was in good condition!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Tinyroomartist

I wonder if this is your house?

58564121_greenleafCharleston.thumb.jpg.d4cf44fc164bc872151f7701eb3bec84.jpg

Hi! There are some significant differences, so if it is the right house, the builder bashed the kit! Center dormer. Mine has two side dormers. Windows are different (mine does not have bay windows and the placement is different.) This house has wings - my house has no wings. I do like The Charleston! It looks like a great house!