11/25/06 Doodle

Minis On The Edge

I doodle all the time. Back in the day, I used to Droodle. Anyone else remember Roger Price's Droodles? I used to have a couple of books of them. This is the one that popped into my head just now.

Anyone know what it is?

Oh yeah, I doodle....let's see when I'm on the phone, waiting for someone to get off the computer, helping Chris with his homework and usually when I'm staring at my dh to figure something out (but then I start drawing all kinds of new plans :D ).

I doodle and then I fold the paper into an origami crane and play with it until it starts to rip and then I tear it into tiny little pieces and start over. This really annoyed me lately when I discovered I had written down a phone number I needed...

Oh even worse, if I can't doodle, I drum my fingers (maybe the reason I have such strong nails :bounce8: ) I also fold paper over and over, can't make those interesting origami thingys though.

I used to doodle in business meetings until someone caught onto what I was doing. It wasn't the doodling that was a problem, but one of my colleagues noticed that if I was mad, I doodled, and the madder I got, the more I doodled. For me the doodling helped me keep my mouth shut until I could formulate a professional reply. After my colleague noticed it, she "borrowed" my pen during the next meeting we had with my most frustrating client and wouldn't give it back. I wasn't sure who I was going to strangle first!

Deb

That's why I can also doodle in shorthand. I look like I'm taking such good notes and the whole time, I'm writing crazy stuff all in shorthand. At least I claim it's shorthand :yes: :) :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...