Dollhouse restoration help!

Lolinda2010

My mom who will turn 90 in June received the Beacon Hill dollhouse shown in the attached pictures from her highschool friend.  As you can see it was not completed and I do not have any of the missing parts.  Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to make this look more finished?

Welcome to the group Linda :wave:

Here is a site that has an old copy of the instructions and the schematic sheets for the beacon Hill.

http://www.mysmallobsession.com/dollhouse-assembly-instructions.html

You can contact GreenLeaf and ask to purchase the sheets that contain the window acetate and trim. It will be easier if you know what sheets contain what you need. OR, you can buy and make your own trims and decorate accordingly. I think the  oeil de boeuf windows that are missing would be the hardest thing to make so I recommend buying that sheet for sure.

The house is lovely and I especially love that your Mom got it for her 90th birthday.

Edited by Mid-life madness
forgot to add the link
  • Like 1

Are you in the San Francisco area? I feel like I saw that house on Craigslist recently.

It looks like you're only missing the windows and door? If Greenleaf can't provide you with replacement sheets, then you can swap in third party windows, but you might not be able to find exactly the right size. Wooden Houseworks windows can be taken apart and modified to fit. (Microwave the window for 10-15 seconds to loosen the glue.)

Another option would be to just add acetate and trim to the rectangular windows. (The curved ones couldn't be done this way.) Take a look at my blog to see how I handled bay windows on another Greenleaf house: https://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=10493 -- you could do something like this on the Beacon Hill's bay windows.

If you want to add roof trim, this eBay store has some good options: https://www.ebay.com/str/victoriandollhousewoodworks?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Oh, you're also missing the corbels that go on the fascia. A good trick for making corbels is to cut a piece of 1:12 scale crown molding into slices.

• Like 1

My mom received this house from one of her grade school friends who built it to this point  She too is 90 and this house got put in the cellar for years so who knows where the missing sheets are   From what I can figure we probably would need 20 sheets and at $20 per sheet it would be $400 so it would be better to buy another dollhouse for parts   I was wondering if there might be a less expensive option