Keep in mind that part of the house on the exterior and interior becomes part of the sash. Here is a picture from my Willow, I hope you can see what I am talking about. My thumb is touching the interior wall. I had to stain it so it looked like the sash.

Side-Jamb.jpg.588043809b9ca32ff20cbd574330b34f.jpg

283416354_windowsashinterior.thumb.jpg.7a8234b831e673404adf0b4ec1b7cb87.jpg

If that is a spot of stain on the clear acetate, it helps to do a dry fit and paint or stain the window and trims, leaving the areas to be glued together bare, before assembling them.  I also do interior wall treatments before installing the interior window parts.

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

If that is a spot of stain on the clear acetate, it helps to do a dry fit and paint or stain the window and trims, leaving the areas to be glued together bare, before assembling them.  I also do interior wall treatments before installing the interior window parts.

Wow, what a great answer to the original question.

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I think you missed the original question and the intent of Carries answer.

This question comes up a lot! It might be the most common problem people have with the Orchid.

Here's another thread with some useful info:

I started with Buttercups and Sugarplum cottages and lots of paint, etc, on the window acetate.  The Buttercups were an especially frustrating window adventure, as mine came with no interior trim.  Carrie's explaining that the walls containe part of the window is spot on; it helped me to lay the trim over the window opening and trace around it.