Oooh, the parcles are coming , the parcels are coming

Thimble Hall

Everything is so slow and I have been buying furniture and stuff for my Fairfield. Trying to be patient ....not. But things are starting to turn up now. I got a lovely Bespaq  bed and night table from the UK last week. Yesterday my order from HannaMini came and I got an outstanding bedroom suite for the main bedroom. My set of pleaters came so I can now make my silk curtains, my delivery of basswood arrived to make some changes in the new house en route.I fudged it with the original I bought and can see where I should have done a better job so it is a restart. I have a dining room suite, organ, pool table and a few other things  en route from Mountain miniatures. It is like Christmas opening these tiny boxes with such beautiful pieces of tiny furniture in. It is not easy t find 1/24 furniture. I am still looking for  living room stuff. if anyone knows of another source ,also  I have 4 fireplaces but I think there are nicer ones out there. I have seen house pictures with better ones so someone must have them.

I really miss that border being closed; shipping to Canada is outrageous and evrything I have bought so far would have been free to my US address.Still it has to be like that to help fight this dreaful disease so for that reason I am happy to pay it.

• Like 1

What style are you looking for with regards to living room pieces?  Upholstered half scale pieces - especially couches - are difficult to find, but they're out there.

Manhattan Dollhouse has this Bespaq set if you're willing to pay for it.

Lexington Half Inch Miniature Living Room Set in Mahogany

Dollhouse Alley, Miniature Designs, Miniature Cottage and Fairy Meadow Miniatures have couches and chairs that are more modern.   The most cost effective route is to make your own from kits.

I am looking for upholstered, preferably not with wing chairs, maybe Victorian, I don't want it laser ciut with flat legs .Most of what I have got so far  is Bespaq so I think I am over the price shock now. I can re upholster it if need be. The set you show is nice but not in keeping with what I have bought already.

I keep looking each day and I have Bespaq alerts on e bay, I bought  Wiliam Springer chairs for the kitchen and I found a nice hand made kitchen table in Italy, all enroute.

I think the 3 piece living room suite is the last big thing I am looking for  apart  from a tall 8 drawer dresser for 1 bedroom. Then mostly just litle tables and bits here and there.

I also have my huge 112/th house on the go, gee that will b a relief as I have dozens of House of Miniature kits , collected since the 80's and they are exactty what I want for  that house. Tempting to start on it but am fighting it off. I want to do the Fairfied first

2 minutes ago, Call Me Crazy said:

Are you looking for lighter colors?  This sofa is $42 at Barcourt.com.

DSJ406 Half Scale Sofa 1:24 [DSJ406] - $42.00 : Christmas Everyday, Where  every day is Christmas

http://barcourt.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3510

I don't know that comoany,. I will check it out.

Hanna mini has this set which I am debating

hana mini living room.jpg

I ended up scaling down an awful lot of 1:12 furniture patterns to make most of the furniture in my Faifields.  No wing chairs, though the Knowle settee was a bear because I first had to enlarge it 110% to 1:12 and THEN halve all the measurements.

Edited by havanaholly

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I ended up scaling down an awful lot of 1:12 furniture patterns to make most of the furniture in my Faifields.  No wing chairs, though the Knowle settee was a bear because I first had to enlarge it 110% to 1:12 and THEN halve all the measurements.

Holly you are much cleverer than I am. I may be a bit more relaxed with my big house but this one is filled with stuff from my memories and then that theme is carried on through out.

I need a chess table in 1/24, I found onky one, the design was excellent but the workmanship was terrible. I may have to make that I think

I have just designed an old fashioned silk eiderdown and am starting work ion that tonight.I haven'y yet figured out what  will use instaed of down but hopefully I will be able to work the design on the top...hopefully.