Christmas Fairfield House build progress

Good idea Jeannine! I'd thought about painting stripes or dots on curtains, but of course it'd work for yarn too! Hadn't thought of that :) Then I can also make sure it changes colour quick enough for little work. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget Santa' plate of cookies and milk and a carrot for Rudolph.

Needed to visualise how big cabinets would be in the kitchen, and play around with where they would go.... Didn't have lego to hand, did have stock cubes though ;)

Kyrie, since you asked (I built two of them, one of them inside out, to be halves of a single house):        

Posted Images

I made some blinds for the sitting room.

small.IMG_20210503_203644_compress82.jpg

I think they're cute! The rods need some beads on the ends and in the middle, and I will probably make the blinds a bit shorter before I glue them in. I had hoped to continue with the curtains tonight, but can't find my longer skewers anywhere! Grumble grumble. So I'll have to shop tomorrow before I can continue.

I am debating some gingham blinds for the kitchen. I think ribbon would be good to make them, and it is the smallest check pattern I can find so far, just need to order some. The checks work out about 6.5mm (~2.5 inches) square in RL, so quite big, but think it'll do. The kitchen blinds would be recessed in to the window frame rather than over the top. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Muriel, what about round toothpicks instead of skewers?

I used toothpicks for the blinds, but I want the curtain to reach across both windows, and they're not long enough for that. 

4 shops later, finally found skewers. Apparently squared off skewers are now the in thing. I get why that would be helpful to stop food twisting on them while you're trying to turn them on the bbq, but not useful for curtain rails! I got 100, and they'll be hidden in my supplies so no one can pinch them to cook with!

1 hour ago, Muriel said:

squared off skewers are now the in thing

Those could have a lot of applications in mini. Do keep them hidden!! :D 

My post wasn't clear, I got round ones in the 4th shop, shops 1 & 3 had square ones. The square ones look very good for furniture legs and balustrade/railing posts! I'm hiding the round ones, square seem easy to come by (though should probably hide them too, just in case!)

Well it seems tiny, but it is doable and not taking as infinitely long as I feared! 

small.IMG_20210506_232134_compress59.jpg

Making it up as I go along rather than following a pattern, but I'm sure the mistakes will be tiny enough not to be seen! :D lol

• Like 1