Covering up window openings from the interior but not the exterior

Gibson House

I have an old Federal Style dollhouse with lots of windows on the left and right sides of the house. All of the window openings and interior doors make it hard to find wall space for furniture. Has anyone ever covered their windows with walls from the inside, but left their windows in place on the exterior, so not to lose the realistic look of the house from the exterior? If so, do you have any ideas about how to make it aesthetically pleasing from the exterior? 

Place a picture of a room interior behind the "glass".

Put an actual curtain, blind, or pull shade behind the glass if there is room.

If the house has shutters, one or more former windows might have the shutters closed.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gibson House said:

I have an old Federal Style dollhouse with lots of windows on the left and right sides of the house. All of the window openings and interior doors make it hard to find wall space for furniture. Has anyone ever covered their windows with walls from the inside, but left their windows in place on the exterior, so not to lose the realistic look of the house from the exterior? If so, do you have any ideas about how to make it aesthetically pleasing from the exterior? 

you can put a picture of the inside of the house facing the window and then place a piece of foam core into the window and cover it with your wall paper. or if you dont want to put picture of the inside you can put a piece fabric or an actual inside curtain and then do the same to cover it and have a wall.

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem.  My plan is to erect a false wall a short distance away from the window on the inside.  I will wallpaper the new wall facing the window and put a very narrow table or bench and hang a picture and perhaps a lighted candle on the table.  On the window itself my plan is to hang draperies with a deep swag so the space between the panels is narrow.  That way I’ll have a nice blank wall in the room, more space for furniture placement.  It’s all working in a trial fit.

• Like 1