Sealing cardboard siding

Mineejv

I’ve heard some talk about a spray that you put on the wallpaper after you put it up... what is it? And what does it do?...  I’m using corrugated cardboard for my siding, I’ve already Mod podge both sides with many coats. I don’t know if’s it’s something that I could spray on after I get it hung... It’s sealed good it’s flexible... (I have some fabric stiffener does anybody know if that’ll work on cardboard?) (((I know I should do a test piece))) I’m happy with how it’s coming out....

8 hours ago, Mineejv said:

I’ve heard some talk about a spray that you put on the wallpaper after you put it up... what is it? And what does it do?

People spray the paper to keep it from fading and to give it a little protection .....I use whatever clear varnish I have on hand, but an artistic fixative like this would work.

Not sure about spraying wallpaper after it is hung.  In Barbara Warner’s book, “The ABC’s of Dollhouse Finishing” she advises using a clear spray matte acrylic.  She suggests spraying front and back with several coats.   I have followed her advice on all my wallpaper.  I use Krylon.  It is completely invisible and doesn’t change the wallpaper’s appearance.  One of my dollhouses is over twenty years old and the wallpaper looks brand new.  Whether this would solve your problem I don’t know.

• Like 1

I’ve put three coats of mod podge front and back and then I primed the front with white paint and then I did 2 to 3 coats of paint...  I still think,I want to put some type of finish on.... ( something to make it a little stronger).  I’m going to try (again & again) to take a picture and put it in my gallery... every time I try it tells me to resize , I resize my picture and it still tells me to resize???? 

Thanks for the help....

1 hour ago, Mineejv said:

I’m going to try (again & again) to take a picture and put it in my gallery... every time I try it tells me to resize , I resize my picture and it still tells me to resize???? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed36vwtrmtp77j9/screenshot 2021-03-26 08.55.31.png?dl=0

^^I took a screen shot for you, Where is says SAVE AS  JPG Max Filesize: (Optional)    I have started to enter 170 and bypass all of the other stuff. Give it a try.