Hello to all from Colorado!

Sherie

I am so glad to find such a friendly group with so much experience! Just to introduce myself, I do all kinds of craft stuff, but have never (except for making furniture etc. for my Barbie doll 50 plus years ago) had anything to do with dollhouses. Several years ago, to honor the memory of my oldest sister who always wanted a dollhouse, I purchased a Fairfield kit thinking my other two sisters and I could assemble it together. Oh, was I ever wrong! I didn't realize two women in their 60's could argue and fight over such tiny little details. I finally gave up, took it away from them, and now am attempting it by myself. I am sure I will need much help, and am anxious to see what you all have created.

• Like 1

Welcome Sherrie :wave:

You can do it!!! :cheer:When you start to get frustrated walk away and take a break....do yoga, pray, meditate or have a glass of wine or whatever will clear your mind.

Sometimes I will get stuck on something in the directions and then the the next time I try, the answer is there staring me in the face. There are a few blogs out there that have assembled the Fairfield as well.

Just ask, and someone will come along to help.

https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-fairfield-dollhouse-half-scale-blog.html

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Sherie.  I was in my early 70s when I built the Fairfields.  Carrie is right on.  By the time I had dry fit the right side out one the third time I was taking frequent breaks to collect my thoughts (keep from stomping on the da**ed thing) by drinking single barrel aged bourbon and eating very dark chocolate.

• Like 1

Hi Sherie! :wave:

I also recommend reading through Moremini's blog and any others you can find online.  Take a look at the gallery here as well as other sites like Instagram to see what other people have done with their Fairfields.  These kits are very versatile and you can get many different looks depending on finishing choices.

We're here to help you with any questions you might have along the way.  Have fun!

• Like 1