Michael's has Minis?

I just saw a post on FB that Michael's has a new Mini line starting????? Wha.....I know where I will be later. :eekout:

https://www.michaels.com/search?q=DIY modern mini&fbclid=IwAR3VHTASW0s0P8BXMM6V6NeynsYPP9hEAT3gNXYwYQ2ZKwYBzvIP5usBHGU

160562878_685370852163506_5477125421271084004_o.jpg.204331dfb9b56e95ef3e3bc96eb9f0c3.jpg

Edited by Mid-life madness
  • Like 1

I haven't been in a Michael's in more than a year. The minis I saw there at that time were as Holly describes, inconsistent in scale. Sort of like the mini accessories at Hobby Lobby.

Edited by KathieB

I was there last night - they've sold miniatures for years (small selection, and mostly HO and fairy stuff), but this is a new section/new line they just started. It hasn't even rolled out in all the stores yet but the entire inventory is on their website now. I bought some in the store last night, then I went online and bought a bunch more. Some of it is not 1:12, but some of it is, so you really need to see it in the store first before you buy online (no measurements online).

If you go online you have to search "DYI MINI" because if you search miniature the new stuff won't come up. They had sheets of subway tile etc wallpaper/flooring 8x8 that I bought online for like $5, hope they're decent.

20210315_174023-x.jpg

20210315_193227-x.jpg

Edited by Island-Shack
Forgot to add wallpaper & flooring
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything is half off. I got the toilet, subway tiles, black tile floor, coffeecups and donuts, a floor lamp (too short), bedside lamps and copper frying pans. There is some other kitchen stuff like sodas that looks ok. The sinks are too short. Furniture way too short. 

In one way it is great that Michael's brought back miniatures to their salesfloor.  It shows that the hobby is gaining traction again.  At the same time their selection is very random.  Hopefully they get better assortment in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a update on the Diy modern minis, they have apparently are “out of stock” online in the US and I have gone to micheals a few times in the past month, and they don’t sell anymore rooms at my local store and they do sell some furniture but most of it is on sale and broken. Does anyone know where I can find similar wood rooms?