?? Room Box in a Picture Frame ??

jaxenro

So I am thinking of a really shallow room box in a picture frame, maybe 2" deep or less, essentially just the back wall and a stub. I am thinking at least two feet high by three feet long or three and a half. Plus the frame.

This is the effect I am going to go for this is the Paris Salon of 1787 but mine will be more late 1800's maybe 1899. Not a copy but a homage. I am thinking I will fit forty or so framed paintings on the wall

Qgrq1sx.jpg

Edited by jaxenro
  • Like 1

Figured I'd check the Goodwill's for a large picture frame that would work they turn up there occasionally. Waiting on some cherry frame material from SH Goode & Sons but in the meantime I started treating some pics to be ready. They look a little shinier in the picture than in person

Dv2eIsH.jpg

• Like 1

Took some experimenting but I thing I have the mix right. Three parts matte medium, one part gloss medium, and a dash or two of flow-aid. I think being in 1:12 will give me the "mass" effect I am looking for. The actual Salon's must have been overwhelming

B3zhUBc.jpggAnVZtc.jpg2OOcHSW.jpghit5veE.jpgn3ge4l6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...