Hello Folks

Iowish

Hi Folks,

I've always had a passion for old houses and architectural details - asymmetrical gables, ornate millwork, towers and turrets - I wish we still built houses with such character today. I had been trolling (and drooling) over many of the mini homes I've seen on this forum, google images, pinterest and the like for some time and decided to register. I purchased the Garfield in December 2020 - a Christmas present to myself. It's been keeping me busy of late and my progress has been slow. I don't have a ton of experience - my first dollhouse was the Beacon Hill (attached - a wee bit battered now) which I purchased as a distraction from my PhD studies in my early 20's. Now mid thirties, the Covid-19 pandemic has provided me with an ideal opportunity to re-establish some work life balance, and pursue hobbies/interests that bring me much happiness. Hence why I'm here and committed to another non-work project.

Anyways just wanted to say Hello, and a big thank you to all the members who's efforts have provided me with some much needed inspiration for my forthcoming endeavors. I look forward to posting some pics of my progress in the hopes I'll be spurred on to the finish.

All the best,

Michael

rsz_img_20191229_082843.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome :wave:

I just looked through your album. Your house  surely will be lovely as you have already taken so much care with the details.

I love a white dollhouse. Hope to see more pictures as time goes on.