Unboxing the Cricut Maker

Medieval

I'm so excited my cri-cut arrived yesterday, and today I had time and energy to open it up. All was good up til I tried to connect my tablet to it over Bluetooth. My tablet keeps freezing up. Once I recover from making dinner (My legs need time in recliner til they stop aching) I'll go back up and try a customer service number. In the meantime I am wondering if anyone else has the maker, and if they had trouble connecting their device to it?

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

I am wondering if anyone else has the maker, and if they had trouble connecting their device to it?

Congratulations! I don't have one (still have the expression 2)but several ladies in my scrapbooking group have upgraded and have had similar problems. Customer service helped them so good luck.

Thanks. Just a word to the wise: you need to use the computer with this. But the list of what works with the maker is very limited. Apparently my samsung galaxy tab e is not on the list. Also customer service is only Monday through Friday from 9-5. I work. So yeah. Good luck to me.  $400+ later and I might not be able to even use it. I am bummed right now.

2 hours ago, Medieval said:

Thanks. Just a word to the wise: you need to use the computer with this. But the list of what works with the maker is very limited. Apparently my samsung galaxy tab e is not on the list. Also customer service is only Monday through Friday from 9-5. I work. So yeah. Good luck to me.  $400+ later and I might not be able to even use it. I am bummed right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I love my Maker. I know once your Maker is set up with the laptop you can use a tablet, but not with the knife blade. I didn't realize they don't support Samsung! I'm surprised by that. 

Kim

I have maker as well. I have yet to harness its full mini making potential.  I bought this book and the author also has a site on Facebook named Miniatures Made by Circutters...

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Miniatures-Cricut-Maker-Sones-Peck/dp/B08QG4VY8Y/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lisa+somes+peck&qid=1614542435&s=books&sr=1-1

• 6 months later...