My French Chateau windows are done!

KatFord

I love how these turned out! I was very careful to make sure I cut the windows around future placement of furniture, but didn't think about how close I was to the edge until I went to measure for the shutters! HEAD SLAP! It seems no matter how much I think it through I always miss a step. Anyway, it gave me a reason to have a couple of broken shutters. 

The fun thing is, I get to make some nice "new shutters and windows" to have to sit on the landscape setting along with a few ladders, paint buckets, everything needed to show the work that will be started by the owners on the exterior.

I think I got a little heavy handed on the weathering on the side of the house! I'll have to tone that back a bit with some vines and flowers climbing up the side. 

Now, on to the roof. I can't decide between copper roof or the rounded tiles. 

Thanks for looking! 

Kim large.Grate-1.jpg.12b4c04ccbbe0de4ef0a02b75f4c2c56.jpglarge.Windos-1.jpg.3649531269ab6437eeb6bbd9742273f7.jpglarge.Windos-1.jpg.8a2585de07a8065a73bb1a1b24b16de9.jpglarge.Window-2.jpg.2fdbfb3d3aa5973f01c2bcb64d35fcdd.jpglarge.Window-3.jpg.3bab05519c3ddb8325ccbb298ad10246.jpglarge.window-4.jpg.f0ef726e10e218b75c2ac1579500c020.jpg

Edited by KatFord
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Kim, where to begin? It's all so magnificent. A verdigris copper roof would look awfully good, but so would terra cotta barrel tiles with moldy bits and moss growth.

Thank you, Holly! That means so much! I love the idea of the barrel tiles and moldy bits with moss! But I also love a copper roof! LOL Decisions, decisions! 

Kim