Building the Beacon

Witchy

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a question. I am new to dollhouse building but have managed to build the Arthur and the Orchid so far.  I feel like I’ve learned a lot along the way. I would love to try building the Beacon next but after looking at a blog about building it I suddenly feel overwhelmed!  Can anyone out there advise me?  Is it terribly difficult?  Thank you in advance for any tips, suggestions and moral support!

Welcome to the forum! The Beacon Hill is more complicated than the Arthur and the Orchid, but you've probably learned a lot already from building those two houses. A lot of our members here have built the Beacon Hill and can answer any questions you have along the way. I think you should go for it!

• Like 1

I am building the Beacon Hill after completing the Glencroft (my first build), and it is challenging but also complex and fun. I am currently working on the roof and have definitely run into a few snags up to this point, but nothing that couldn't be resolved (yet, ha) and I am learning SO much.  The instructions can be confusing, but this is a popular house and there are a TON of blogs and videos out there to help. It is helpful to take it one step at a time and watch/read the blogs on each specific step as you get to them, and do a lot of sanding and dry fitting. I say if you would love to build the Beacon do it!