Hofco House Question

Kbonno

There is someone selling two built and wired Hofco houses with furniture near me.  One is the Hofco Victorian Townhouse and one is the Hofco Federal Victorian with addition.  They are selling for $325 for both.  They seem to be in good shape except for the Federal is missing the small front porch.  Is that a good price for both?  I may have to choose just one due to not having room in my vehicle to haul both.  If I take just one, price would probably be about $150 but would be hard to decide between them!  I mainly want to know if that is a good price since I know only a little bit about the Hofco brand.

Edited by Kbonno

Ok.  Here are some pictures from the listing.  They also have the addition for the Federal but not pictured.  It will not let me post picture of Victorian (or any other pictures) but it is in slightly better shape.

D0E94AEE-CCA1-4883-8CA7-F4A02B3733EF.jpeg

Edited by Kbonno

It looks nice.

Keep in mind that most people never make any sort of profit on a dollhouse.

What does the furniture look like?

Are you going to do some rehab?

I would offer less , but it all depends on how much you want the house. The unassembled kits usually fetch good prices, and are lovde by a lot of miniaturists

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

This is just my 2 cents....I think it is a good price..... If you can' t decide  make two trips if they aren't too far away.

I agree...ultimately your call as you will be seeing them in real life. Looks good from the pics. Furniture looks like mostly Concord and in good shape. I do see a Bodo Henning stove tucked back in the corner of one I think.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FurMama said:

I agree...ultimately your call as you will be seeing them in real life. Looks good from the pics. Furniture looks like mostly Concord and in good shape. I do see a Bodo Henning stove tucked back in the corner of one I think.  

I see that Hennig stove too....I also see a Concord pool table upstairs..plus some other good stuff! I'd pay $200 for just the contents of both those houses, I keep getting outbid on eBay for that stove. It always sells for $80+ or more

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Island-Shack said:

I see that Hennig stove too....I also see a Concord pool table upstairs..plus some other good stuff! I'd pay $200 for just the contents of both those houses, I keep getting outbid on eBay for that stove. It always sells for $80+ or more

I about had a coronary when I saw it on a dollhouse shop website for $114! I still have the box mine came in and I'm pretty sure it says $29. Oh the good old days! 

1 hour ago, Kbonno said:

Does the furniture look like Concord furniture or Concord Museum Furniture?

Hard to tell but I would guess not museum. Like Holly says wait and see it for real. Then decide.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

True.  As I keep looking at these I am backing off a bit.  They look nice but I only have so much room for dollhouses and want to be sure the ones I decide to get really speak to me personally if that makes sense.  These do not though I might make an offer for just the furniture.

1 hour ago, Kbonno said:

...I only have so much room for dollhouses...the ones I decide to get really speak to me personally if that makes sense...

We who build them already KNOW that they speak to us.

• Like 1