Dura Craft San Franciscan

Ethannah1902

Dura-Craft is long out of business.  Depending on whether it's the SF550, SF555 or SF558 (carcase was MDF on this one) the doors would look better if you made new ones, the windows sere constructed from materials in the kits (and were LOUSY!!!) and the oval window was simply the exterior and interior frames and all the inserts were clear acetate, so you could make perfectly good new ones from strip wood, and sheets of basswood.

Nice! What type of wood do you recommend? I was at HL last week and saw packages of balsam wood but that would be way to thin 

I took these pictures of the house. I’m going to paint it white.  I paid $40 for it , I paid $400 for my first house assembled and bare.  I spend the weekend stripping green indoor outdoor carpeting off the floors and stained wallpaper off the walls 

I couldn’t figure out if this was a dollhouse or a decorative piece, it was so different from my other dollhouse. After reading about her on this site and researching for parts I’m loving her much more 

58045F2F-4D76-4367-AD2B-72A8AE003D19.jpeg

Edited by Ethannah1902
  • Like 1