Fading- How to prevent faux plastic tile sheets from fading? (help please)

fleabags3

I bought both sheets below from my local miniature store at different times.  The faded one is much older but I don't want the same thing to happen with the newer sheet. The house was never kept in direct sunlight...  Any ideas?  I love the look of the little tiles but will change the flooring material if I can't solve this.  

The two sheets do have a different feel to them so maybe the new one is better-? There's no brand on the old one.  The new one is stamped on the back wit a website (that isn't my local store's but I bought it here...) My local mini store is now only online so I can't take it in to ask...

I know with wallpaper I spray it with a matte sealer first. Does the same apply to this stuff?  Thank you for any advice in advance! :)

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9817.jpg

If you have a local artist's supply store you could talk to them about spray sealers.  I suspect that the sheets are not the same kind of plastic, and that plastic, being organic,will change over time.

I used to always use matte sealer but a few years ago I switched to UV protectant since I was having trouble with printies fading: https://www.michaels.com/krylon-uv-resistant-clear-gloss/10173870.html?r=g&cm_mmc=PLASearch-_-google-_-MICH_Shopping_US_N_Craft+%26+Hobbies_N_Smart_BOPIS_N-_-&Kenshoo_ida=&kpid=go_cmp-9972406265_adg-99939223639_ad-433378147590_pla-981059439317_dev-c_ext-_prd-10173870&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2pnwg9Gy7gIVUB-tBh08kQTPEAQYAiABEgLxvPD_BwE

That one is glossy, which might be good for tiles. It also comes in matte.

I don't know for sure that this would work, but something else you could try is laminating the tile sheet. Then the tile won't be exposed to air.