The Pierce Dollhouse

I haven't found a truly stainable wood putty, and in my experience the best wood filler is what I make mixing my clean sawdust with a couple of drops of wood glue and just enough stain to match the surrounding wood.  If it were me I would go with the floor in your photo.  Once the stairs go in on a dry fit I would figure out how paneling the staircase will cover the patch and plan for a hall table to go there, or a rug or carpet to cover.

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, I'm starting my first dollhouse, the Pierce Dollhouse and I was wondering when the best time to start the lighting, during construction or after? And should I prime it as I go or is it un

Thank you, I've decided to put flooring on the porch too!

I've used cork tile fora dining room floor.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brittney said:

What's the best stainable putty? I feel like if started over it will still have the meet up spots in the front... Thanks for the advice!!

I think it depends. I used DAP plastic wood filler. It took the American Walnut stain as well as the popsicle sticks. But when I used it on the jumbo sticks and natural wood stain it doesn't accept the stain as well. So test on scraps first.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brittney said:

What's the best stainable putty? I feel like if started over it will still have the meet up spots in the front... Thanks for the advice!!

Even putty designated as stainable does not take stain the same way as wood. It will stand out like scabs on a scraped knee.

I've decided to cut up the wood that I laid down by the stairs to the front door and lay another piece down that's correctly measured and put strip of wood over to part where they meet if I don't like the meet up, I'll sand it and stain all of the floors this way I don't have to worry about maricopa filler and stain... wish me luck!