Introduction

Abelcoto

Hello :)

I'm a man from Spain, who little by little has started to become fond of dollhouses and miniatures.
I am thinking of buying the Beacon Hill or perhaps one of the 1/24 dollhouses I have seen.

It all started one day when a friend of mine told me that she would love to have a dollhouse and in a mad rush I decided to start researching how to do it.

Decided to do it in 1/24 scale because of the size (40 cm deep, 80 cm long, 40 cm tall plus roof).

I have spent months designing plans, researching Victorian houses in England between 1860 and 1890, reading, and lately seeing how to assemble everything, paste wallpaper on the walls, etc

And little by little I have realized that I like this, and that it is not going to be the only one I do, although the next one almost better a kit instead of starting from scratch XD.

I have entered a few times to read the forum, and it has helped me a lot. I will go deciding which kit to buy, and at the same time I will continue with the project in which I am involved now, that being the first time that I do anything of these, sometimes it becomes a little uphill.

Edited by Abelcoto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Abelcoto said:

sometimes it becomes a little uphill.

Welcome to the forum! When it gets uphill, we are here to help push. :)  Your project sounds amazing. Make a few more posts. You will be able to make an album and show us photos of your house once you have made 5 posts.

Bienvenidos Abel.  My grandparents are from Isla Canarias - Spain.....the Beacon Hill is a beautiful kit to build, although sometimes tricky I've heard.  But if you started from scratch you may enjoy the challenge.  I hope you'll share what you decide to do and pictures of your progress!

Thank you all for your welcome.

Yes, as soon as I have something done, I will open a post, and put pictures etc.

In two days or like i will start to cut the 1/4 plywood (well 5 mm really) and the holes for windows etc (once i decide the size of windows, doors etc XD)