Introduction

Stacey mullen

Hi everyone.  I’m new here.  I live in NC- Raleigh area. I’m so excited- I just purchased a run down Van Buren dollhouse that I will start to restore.  I’ve never restored a dollhouse before. This house is important to me bc I had this same model as a child and actually still have all the furniture from that dollhouse.  I’m hoping to learn lots from you all!   Can’t wait to jump in!

Welcome! I am interested in seeing your Van Buren before and after shots. I made with with my gram as a kid, which my mom got rid of when my gram died. We have one lady in the forum whose house took quite a journey and returned to her. Wouldn't that be cool If it happened to you? A Van Buren is on my list of build and keep for me. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

On 12/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, KathieB said:

What a great project!  How perfect that you have the original furniture! Will you try to replicate your original house or do some renovation/updating? 

I think I will try to do some new renovation/ updating.  What will be hard for me is to try not to make the rooms the same - kids room, master etc 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:40 PM, blueirishmoon said:

Hello and welcome Stacey! I too am in the NC area, down in Statesville, about 40 minutes west of Winston-Salem. Maybe you'd like to meet in the future? I love Van Burens. One of my dreams is to find a kit and build it in the Tudor style.

I’d love to meet up in the future 

On 12/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, Medieval said:

Welcome! I am interested in seeing your Van Buren before and after shots. I made with with my gram as a kid, which my mom got rid of when my gram died. We have one lady in the forum whose house took quite a journey and returned to her. Wouldn't that be cool If it happened to you? A Van Buren is on my list of build and keep for me. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Thanks!  I’m hoping to start in January.  I’m sure I will have lots of questions