Electric and Posterboard Walls

JSundbakken

This may have been answered before but I have some questions about adding electric light fixture...I have electrified my house with tapewire, first time electric user. I have successfully tested the circuits from top to bottom and all is good.  My next step is to add my fixtures and posterboard walls.  How do you add your fixtures?  Do you plug directly into the tapewire or use an outlet?  I am using scones, ceiling lights and lamps along with posterboad walls - to easier make adjustments/design changes if needed later. May need sconce adapters...

The Cir-Kit tapewire instruction book says to use the brads (pg.20) as placeholders for the outlet, then push the wallpaper over the brads.  I am thinking that I will mark the placement of the tapewire on the opposite side of the posterboard wall so I know where to puncture for the outlet/or plug insertion point.  Does anyone have an easier method? 

7 hours ago, JSundbakken said:

The Cir-Kit tapewire instruction book says to use the brads (pg.20) as placeholders for the outlet, then push the wallpaper over the brads.  I am thinking that I will mark the placement of the tapewire on the opposite side of the posterboard wall so I know where to puncture for the outlet/or plug insertion point.  Does anyone have an easier method? 

I made a little flap like this in a couple of places where I was going use the eyelets as outlets. Then I plugged directly into the faux outlet

Just like a real house, I hard wired my scones and ceiling lights directly to the tapewire....You can solder but I inserted an EYELET halfway into the tape wire and then wrapped the lamp wire around each EYELET respectively, then I banged the EYELET completely into the tape wire. I recommend buying a BAm_Bam from CR2S.com. Make sure the two different wire strands from the lamp do not touch, so offset the eyelets a bit.

The ceiling lights are are the easiest as you can pull the wire up through the ceiling to the floor above and connect to a tape run on the floor.

Sconces are tricky but if you measure right you can adhere them to your completed wallpaper board, thread the wire thru and attach the wires to the tape run, then glue/ tack the wallpaper/board up. This is from my blog. I used this method and it really helped when I had to fix the lights after I cut right through them :crazyeyes:

I do NOT recommend using the sconce adapters...only because I couldn't get the wire to correctly thread through the adapter and ended up messing up my lamp..... It is just easier to hard wire them to the tape run. They are very fiddly.

• Like 1