Covid Vaccines

Medieval

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

Pfizer is the only one doing boosters right now. But in a month who knows? Is it just me, or does it feel like the older I get the faster the world spins? Lol

Tempus fugits a whole lot faster, the older we get.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Medieval said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the older I get the faster the world spins? Lol

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Tempus fugits a whole lot faster, the older we get.

Every Tuesday at 7 pm Eastern time I Zoom chat with 5 friends -- 3 from college,  2 from high school, octogenarians all. Sometimes it seems as if there are 2 or 3 Tuesdays in a week.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Pfizer booster and senior-dose flu shot mid-day yesterday. The pharmacist recommended putting off the first Shingrix shot for ten days or so. I stretched out on the bed around 5 pm to read a bit as I was feeling tired.  Woke up around 4 am, still fully clothed. Both arms sore most of today but getting better. Still tired. Looking forward to an early night.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:40 AM, KathieB said:

Every Tuesday at 7 pm Eastern time I Zoom chat with 5 friends -- 3 from college,  2 from high school, octogenarians all. Sometimes it seems as if there are 2 or 3 Tuesdays in a week.

That's awesome! I find it gets harder and harder to keep in touch with old friends as we scattered all over the place. Zoom is definitely good for that. 

• 4 weeks later...

I proofread the patent for one of the vaccines.  I can't disclose which one since it would violate client confidentiality, but from what I read, the virus is disturbingly adaptive.  Due to so many people listening to non-professionals and talking heads, it has mutated enough times to render the vaccines nearly moot, like flu vaccines in the fall.  Everyone in my family has been vaccinated as it is far better than nothing, but with each new variant, it will become less effective.  We're also still masking in public, avoiding crowds, etc.

Jeremy, we took the vaccine in February and March, and had our boosters two weeks ago, and we also continue to mask and maintain at least six feet from other people in public; we often have to remind folks behind us in lines when they're too close.