Hi From NJ!

oilpainta

Hi Everyone!

My name is Laura and I live in Southern NJ.  I have been desperately seeking my lost childhood dollhouse!  I finally found a picture of it online, but there is no name or maker associated with the picture.  My sister and I both had identical dollhouses (since we couldnt share) and I played with mine daily until I went off to college!! Can anyone help identify this dollhouse?  I would love to search for one!  I attached a picture to my post.  It was purchased in the early 1980's and had a front room that opened and had a little latch.  The attic room had a fully hinged flap that closed.

If you could help me I would be forever grateful!!!!

Untitled presentation (1).jpg

Hello Laura.

Welcome to the GreenLeaf Dollhouse Community.  There are many people in this forum that might have more information in helping identity that dollhouse for you.

Many dollhouse manufactures that had their heyday in the 1980s and 1990s are no longer in business, due to change in consumer taste.

Even if the dollhouse is made from a company no longer doing business, they sometimes go on sale on Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, LetGo, OfferUp etc.

etc.

You are most welcome Laura.  Someone else will chime in with more information.  If you wish, you can always go to the My First Dollhouse sub thread and share your story about your very first dollhouse.

Do you recall going to the store as a child with your parent's to purchase the dollhouse kit?  

Welcome to the little family, Laura.  One of our deceased members, Newt, blogged a list of all the dollhouse kits she could find up to the time of her passing, and here is the album with all the photos of the kits on her list:  https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/profile/1549-newt/?tab=node_gallery_gallery  I looked through all the photos and didn't see one that looked like the one in your picture.

I did an online internet image search and discovered a member of this forum has identified this house on her personal blog.  Here is the link to her blog:  The Dollhouse Whisperer: Hill's Dollhouse Workshop (rockawayrosedollhouse.blogspot.com)

After reading her blog, I pulled out my copy of the sixth edition of the miniatures catalog (1983) and found it on page 35.  It is identified as the New England Victorian by Hill's Dollhouse Workshop.  The house was also available with a wrap-around porch, and with or without addition.

Omg that’s it!!!! Makes perfect sense— that was right around the time my dad bought my sister this dollhouse— and then purchased an identical one for me a few years later.  And it’s a N.J. based company which would make sense too!  Thanks so much!!! 

14 hours ago, thriftymini said:

I did an online internet image search and discovered a member of this forum has identified this house on her personal blog.  Here is the link to her blog:  The Dollhouse Whisperer: Hill's Dollhouse Workshop (rockawayrosedollhouse.blogspot.com)

After reading her blog, I pulled out my copy of the sixth edition of the miniatures catalog (1983) and found it on page 35.  It is identified as the New England Victorian by Hill's Dollhouse Workshop.  The house was also available with a wrap-around porch, and with or without addition.

Good detective work Christine!