1st build grosvenor Hall basement.

Suedo

Welcome to the little family, Susan.  Will you eventually build the rest of Grosvenor Hall?  That is one BIG house!  I personally prefer plywood over MDF to build, But you will have a very sturdy dollshouse when you're done.

Edited by havanaholly

oh I am so jealous!  Such a beautiful style of house! Welcome to the forum and as others have mentioned please please post photos of your progress! Dont get discouraged and ask questions! and don't forget not to glue anything until you've dry-fit it first....how exciting!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/24/2020 at 3:03 AM, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Susan :wave:

I would love to see your house and its build. Please take pictures for us,

Dining room, drawing room and library so far. 

IMG_20210326_235905_218.jpg

IMG_20210326_235905_223.jpg

I love those coffered ceilings!  When you have made five posts you can make an album of your build in the Gallery here and put all your pictures there.

Edited by havanaholly

Welcome., I too hqve a Grosvenpr hall on the go, I had it sent over frm the Uk a few years ago. house and basement. I have the shell all erected and was workimg on the stairs and doors staining when I  took a break from it. I intend to keep to the GEORGIAN style and carry through wth the decor.I think I am putting some staff quarters in the basement. Good luck with yours. XX Jeannine

16 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Welcome., I too hqve a Grosvenpr hall on the go, I had it sent over frm the Uk a few years ago. house and basement. I have the shell all erected and was workimg on the stairs and doors staining when I  took a break from it. I intend to keep to the GEORGIAN style and carry through wth the decor.I think I am putting some staff quarters in the basement. Good luck with yours. XX Jeannine

That's what I did, work room, staff dining, kitchen butlers room etc in basement. I'm working on the house from the bottom up decorating as I go. I've found it easier to do ornate ceilings before I put it together. Lot of forward planning. I'll put photos up